Our team of local editors is happy to list any one-time family-friendly events that meet the below criteria.
IMPORTANT: Please use this form to submit qualifying events to our calendar. We check submissions weekly when we’re already logged in to the calendar. We are not able to accept event submissions by email.
Complimentary calendar listings must meet 3 criteria:
- One-time events, not multi-week sessions
- If the event runs multiple times, families can choose to come to one or two dates of their choice (no commitment to come multiple weeks)
- The event is of interest even if a long-term commitment by participants is unlikely (no informational open houses or trial classes)
- Must be an event (not daily open play hours. Discounts/promos or fundraiser donations of admission fees do not cause typical daily business activity to qualify as an ‘event’ for our calendar)
- Open to the public
- No “members-only” events; a non-member option must be available
- In-Person events
- It takes all our (wo-)manpower to keep up with in-person events, and unfortunately we’re no longer able to list virtual events on our calendar.
- Fun for kids within the 0-12 year range
- The event answers the child’s question “Where is a fun place to go today?” (no parenting seminars or informational meetings)
Exceptions to these criteria:
- We allow exceptions for current banner advertisers
- Up to one complimentary listing of an open house or trial class for each month of a current banner term. Contact us for current advertising information.
- We allow exceptions for these specific categories of events:
- The first date of a free multi-week class (e.g. a multi-week library program)
- An annual or semi-annual kids’ consignment sale
- A large camp fair or preschool fair with many booths
- A parent-focused seminar during the day for parents of newborns, for which babies will be brought along
- A special day with completely free admission at a business that normally charges daily admission